Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Hammer Of Reason

When people oppose the infliction of intellectual harshness on fallacious minds, they communicate that they prefer the status quo, with all of the errors and injustices therein, to a world where people actively, vehemently stamp out logical and moral mistakes in public life.  There is nothing immoral about using the hammer of reason to brutally push back against such people.

If I ever seem to come across as someone who despises anti-rationalists or pseudo-rationalists and thinks of them as inferior persons, that means readers are accurately glimpsing my loathing for the people who refuse to yield to reason.  When I seem to be suggesting this, if I am not saying it outright, it is absolutely intentional.  I hope it is conveyed with direct clarity.

Reason is a hammer to bludgeon people with if they will not abandon their errors.  It is the bane of stupidity.  There is nothing immoral about weaponizing one's intellect and using it as an instrument of harsh judgment, a thing that dismantles deceptions in a brutal way if needed--even at the cost of the existential sanity of the one who is in error.  There is a reason why people who are obstacles to one's pursuit of truth should be treated accordingly if one wishes to understand reality.

People can only matter if truth does, but truth can matter even if people do not.  Thus, rationalistic minds will prioritize truth over the legions of unintelligent people in the world.  The hammer of reason can find many victims when wielded by even a single consistent soul.  If it is wielded by mere dozens of consistent thinkers, devoted to truth above all else, the number of victims can be far greater.

Upon hearing me make comments like these, some people ask me if I care about relationships outside of a small number of select friendships.  The answer is simple: I love reason and truth far more than I love most people, and I will treat people accordingly.  Thus, if someone does not demonstrate that they are committed to truth above all else, they do not deserve to be treated as an intellectual equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment