Friday, April 6, 2018

A Marital Benefit Of Erotic Media

In a different post I mentioned that erotic media could be useful for getting spouses sexually aroused and excited before or during their own sexual activities with each other [1].  Indeed, erotic media could be used to arouse a spouse whose mind or body is slow to become ready for sexual activity, and in this way could be a great aid to marital sexuality.  Likewise, erotic media can help spouses handle sexual feelings that reside after their husbands or wives are sexually satisfied or while they are away.

If a spouse still has more sexual energy leftover after sex with his or her spouse, then he or she could use masturbation, erotic media (of a morally legitimate kind [2]), or a combination of both to try to appease that surplus sexual excitement.  If I had a wife and she did this, this is not the same as my spouse committing mental or physical adultery--the former is wanting to commit adultery and the latter is actually carrying out the act of adultery.  Consuming and enjoying erotic media in itself is neither.

As an asexual, if I was married (to someone who is not also an asexual) it would be a great relief to me if my wife would take matters of her sexual fulfillment into her own hands--literally in this case!  I do not at all mean that I would be unwilling to sexually fulfill my wife; I would be entirely willing to use my body to bring her sexual pleasure.  But I would certainly appreciate it if/when she chooses to release or indulge in sexual energy through masturbation, and if she wants her masturbation to be accompanied by consumption of morally legitimate erotic media, then she will not receive opposition.  Whereas some people might want their spouses to include them in their use of erotic media, I would be entirely alright if my spouse uses erotic media and does not directly bring me into it or bring me into it at all.

Any claim that all spouses would be offended or hurt by their partners using erotic media, with or without them, is unfounded, fallacious, and simply untrue.  I sure as hell would not be.  It would actually be a relief to me if my wife, understanding the nature of my asexuality, would explore her sexuality in nonsinful ways that either do not involve me or involve me minimally.


[1].  https://thechristianrationalist.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-truth-about-erotic-media-part-3.html

[2].  https://thechristianrationalist.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-truth-about-erotic-media-part-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment